We currently provide vegetarian or non-vegetarian meals and they are no pork and no lard options. Meals and snacks provided are complimentary.
Young Leaders™ @OBS Ubin
Day 1, 2 & 3 – Pulau Ubin*
* Transportation is provided from Mountbatten Square / Punggol Settlement to Pulau Ubin for Day 1, 2 and 3. Bus will depart 15 minutes from start time.
7 – 11 years old
|Instructor to child ratio|
1:6 (Due to covid situation, ratio will be kept small.)
$430 (before GST)
Subscribe to our eNewsletter to unlock the promo code for the Early Bird Promotion! (link to website)
About the programme
Young Leaders™ @OBS Ubin is open only to children who have previously attended at least 2x Outdoor School Singapore Holiday Camps.
Are our children too used to creature comforts in an urban setting? Afraid that our young ones will not be able to take on the rugged experiences in life as they grow up?
Allow our would-be leaders a unique opportunity to take part in a curated bootcamp that develops grit, focus and problem-solving skills, while requiring them to work in a team. The programme will expose them to a series of unique outdoor nature-based experiences that promises a memorable & gratifying adventure this holiday.
- Forest Exploration
- Risk Assessment & Management Fire
- Safety & Fire Building
- Outdoor Cooking in the wild – using bricks, matchsticks and mess tin to cook a storm!
- Learn to market the signature dish that they have cooked to get the ‘buy in’ from the instructor
- Outdoor Learning – Tapping on nature to aid us in survival
- Outdoor Adventure – Outdoor Cooking
- Personal leadership – Organised, Independent, Responsible
- Team leadership – Effective communicators, Social sensitivity
- Be aware and show appreciation to the biodiversity on the island
- Display capabilities of risk assessment & management
- Identify the key elements of Outdoor Cooking
- Display good awareness of conducting outdoor cooking safety
- Display personal and team leadership qualities in planning and implementation of mission
- Ability to think creatively in promoting the signature dish cooked by them to the audience
Disclaimer: All images are for illustrative purposes only and may not fully reflect the actual programme trail or activity held during the camp.
[Covid Update on 29-Aug-2022] For the safety of all children and staff at Outdoor School Singapore, all parents are to inform us immediately if your child or any of your family members are recovering from covid. We strongly encourage all participants to exercise individual and social responsibility to protect themselves and the community by doing the following:
- Monitoring your child’s health and perform self-testing using ART kits if your child is symptomatic.
- If your child is feeling unwell during the camp, your child should mask-up and inform the instructor immediately.
Please note that for health and safety reasons, our instructors reserve the right to turn away/ refuse participants who appear visibly unwell on the day of programme.
What Our Parents Have To Say
My child enjoyed climbing the tree and splashing in mud for the first time. It's a good experience especially if parents are too busy to take their children into the forest themselves :)
A whole new experience for my child! At home, she shared on different types of plants & animals with personal and hands on experience. The facilitators had done well in instilling self responsibility to the children. Muhaya had been asking to have more trekking in the future and looking forward to the next exciting and adventurous holiday program by outdoor singapore school!
Food and snacks provided may contain traces of nuts. As such, we strongly encourage parents to pack their own meals should the child have dietary concerns or food allergies.
Every child has different learning needs. As our instructors are currently not trained to support children with special needs, we seek your cooperation to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding with the registration.
Transportation from Mountbatten Square (Base Camp) / Punggol Settlement to Pulau Ubin during the programme are complimentary. Alternatively, you may choose to pick-up/drop-off your child at the respective parks (of the programme) and this can be indicated at the point of registration.
Look out for our latest promotions under our programme details page.
100% refund for withdrawal request received at least 30 days before 1st day of programme. However, please note that there will be a service and processing fee imposed by the ticket registration agent. Thereafter, we adhere to a no-refund policy, unless stated otherwise. In the event the programme is cancelled, a full refund will be given.
We are located at 229 Mountbatten Road, Mountbatten Square (commonly referred to as Base Camp)
We are open Mon-Fri, from 9am to 6pm. Closed on Sat, Sun and PH.
To get updated on our latest offerings, subscribe to our newsletter so that our Junior Explorers do not get left out on the latest adventures!
All children are required to bring their raincoats during the programme. In the event of light rain, the programme will still take place with the children safely suited up with raincoats. Rest assure that the children's safety is of utmost importance. Hence, during heavy rain and thunderstorm, all outdoor activities will cease and the group will seek shelter at the nearest shelter/pit-stop immediately. Wet weather activities/plans will take place then. All our programme locations have appropriate shelters.
All children must be dressed in long-sleeve shirt, long pants and covered shoes. This is to prevent insect bites and protect them from the sun, cuts and scrapes as much as possible. Water shoes may be required for some programmes that has water-related elements. As the programme is held outdoors, please ensure the child has a raincoat prepared. A detailed packing list will be provided to parents upon registration confirmation. Children are to also bring along their water bottles.